Wednesday, January 25, 2006


Prometheus system running well!

I vacuumed the gas reservior and filled Helium gas by 1.2 bar. After warming up the system for 15 minutes, I turned on the power. The x-ray gun was triggered normally and the x-ray flux could be measured. The Anode voltgae monitor showed 150 kV. The rail gap triggered well, I could apply 30 kV to main gaps.

But I found a small problem, there were acrs in the north side, which produced carbon track in the top oil tank. I pumped the oil and found the connects not well. It's easy to fix. I pumped the oil out and double cleaned. It's almost 8:00pm after pumping oil back, I will try to run the system tomorrow.

No comments: