Wednesday, July 25, 2007

YAG #1 and YAG #2 delivering mirrors burned

The amplifier #2 worked well, the next step is to send the beam to the spatial filter, before that we must drill a pinhole using the laser beam. We chose a piece of used window to replace the old window with a bad pinhole. We tried to use ASE from Amplifier #2 to burn the pinhole, due to its low energy, it will take more than 2 hours to do it. So we left the laser running, however, after half an hour, we found there was no light emission. Checking the 532nm reflected mirrors one by one, we found two of them were burned. After changing them, it took one more day to realign the first amplifier. So far we already got the cleaning pulse from the amplifier #1, but the output energy is very low. We need time to optimize this multi-pass amplifier and then test the amplifier #2 and drill the pinhole.

No comments: