Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Crystal surface burned again

When the output energy after the PC2 became lower, I tried to tune the pump mirrors to maximize the output. During the tuning, I found the energy really became bigger, unfortunately the left side of the crystal was burned again. The similar phenomenon happened before, I think the measured energy was not the laser pulse but the spontaneous emission. When ASE goes higher, the pump beam was focused smaller, which would damage the crystal surface. Next tuning time, it's better to measure the pulse shape using the diode and make sure no ASE anymore.

I also found the Ti:sapphire crystal was not installed well, I put more Indium layer to hold the crystal tightly. Then I realigned the amplifier #1, changed the times of optical pass from 6 to 7.

No comments: