Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Moving the caps from South Bank

We moved the capacitors from the South Bank, I found this side was clearer than North Bank, since we cleaned south last year. Mike checked the power supply for Anode Thyratron filament, he could not find any problem. The caps and choke are all right.

The other trouble is the resistor connecting South Bank caps and North Bank caps, it's broken when I tried to disconnect the cable. This resistor is 3k Ohm, 200 Watts, I did not find the same resistor from electrical shop. They only have 1.5k Ohm, 225 W resistors. I am not sure if I can replace 3k Ohm with 1.5k Ohm. From the circuit drawing, I found the original resistor was 500 Ohm.

No comments: